On the 5th November 2022, we launched Politics in Pubs at the Buxton Battle of Ideas Festival
We launched Politics in Pubs at the Battle of Ideas Festival, where we appeared in the ideas market located in the heart of the festival in the Devonshire Dome. We were very pleased that so many people were able to come and support the festival which has become a key event in the battle for free speech and new ideas. Buxton is a beautiful spa town in Derbyshire and the venue provided an incredible setting under the domed roof.
There was a variety of fascinating debates featuring a wide range of participants. Subjects discussed include:
- Opening plenary: Can we fix Britain?
- Letters on Liberty: Defending the digital self
- Politically homeless: what next for the red wall voters?
- Free speech in crisis: can we take a joke?
- From grooming gangs to child protection: a scandal in plain sight?
- Build back better: why can’t we build anything at all?
- Cop out: Who do the police serve today?
- Online politics: people power or social-media cesspit?
- Closing plenary: Call to courage: is anything worth fighting for?
All in all, a fantastic event and we encourage you to sign up next year for Battle of Ideas in Buxton and London.
Please share this information with family, friends and colleagues. New visitors can click here to subscribe to our newsletter.